Monday, March 29, 2010

Oakham Bandstand

This morning I collected a tile sample from the bandstand.

I took the tile to a major building supplier.

To my surprise, I have secured a quote for what is a universal tile, still made by Marley in a variety of colours including the colour of the bandstand sample.

Members will remember the Town Clerk Reporting this tile was no longer manufactured.

A different more expensive tile would be used and the roof structure would need to be destroyed and rebuilt.

The destruction of the roof is not needed and the cost is frankly far to high.

At the meeting one member said this project had been Railroaded! and another told me the same in private.

The Town Clerk has said the members allegation will not be included in the minutes.

It is my belief a vote was passed based upon incorrect information.

The £30,000 project is a huge waste of public money.

I request the council stop work so a full investigation can be carried out.

From

Cllr Martin Brookes