Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Oakham Town Council, Planning Training , At Last

Oakham Town Council at last will receive some training.

Planning to most people is very important and possibly one of the few times they need to come into contact with there local councils.

I was shocked by the lack of training at Oakham Town Council. I first noticed this when a knicker dropping ex Councillor sat at a planning meeting and looked at a plan that was clear to most showed a dormer window and she questioned why would they want a beach hut on their roof?

The first time I became a Town Councillor I realised the only training available was, do as I tell you.
We did eventually receive 20 minutes basic training from a man who visited once never to be seen again.

I was surprised to receive instruction to be in the Council Chamber at 6.00pm to undergo planning training with Carolyn Cartwright, a Senior Planning Officer from Rutland County Council one hour before our parks and planning meeting tomorrow. It is public knowledge Rutland County Council planning department is one of the worst performing departments at the council, so I think it is rather fitting they will be giving one hours training to one of the worst Town Councils I know.

It is rather ironic the training finally arrives  in the week I might get kicked of the council by the Standards Tribunal.