Friday, September 30, 2011

Oakham Town Councillor Martin Brookes Tribunal Update

It appears the tribunal location was not Peterborough
slightly confusing communications
led to this.
 
The Tribunal was reconvened at Leicester
 

Leicester Crown Court 90 Wellington Street Leicester
Leicestershire England LE1 6HG
 
I hope no one made the trip to Peterborough!
 
I did not attend today and made a request for information and received the following
 
Dear Martin, 
 
I can confirm that as far as I know you are still a councillor... but
 
I'm afraid we still haven't got to the end of the process yet!
 
I didn't attend the hearing (it was in Leicester, just so you know)
but I understand that the first tier tribunal members considered and
questioned the facts as set out in the ESO's report and then adjourned
to consider them privately. 
 
As far as I know they have not come to a
decision either on whether they consider you breached to Code or
whether any sanction is appropriate. 
 
I think they intend to write to you and us next week.
 
I hope that is of some use. If I learn more on monday I will of course
let you know.
 
Have a good (sunny) weekend.
 
Kind regards
 
########## Standards for England