Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Benefits of being a Oakham Town Councillor

The Benefits of being a Oakham Town Councillor






For many years the residents of Woodland View Oakham have moaned about the condition of their road.
Recently part of it was resurfaced. I spoke to a Councillor about the partial resurfacing, He replied "I spoke to a High Ways Officer and asked them to sort it". The resurfacing job finishes at the Councillors junction. I don't know how he achieved this result because, I could not even get Rutland County Council to provide two new litter bins requested by local traders.

Special message to Cllr John Nowell can you arrange for the rest of the road to be completed and include Willow Crescent many thanks I know the local resident would be very grateful.

PS. I Note from members interests your lodge memberships, would that have influenced your request