Monday, July 30, 2012

Not So Green Flags Distributed From an Old Bag by Cllr Joyce Lucas

Not So Green Flags Distributed From an Old Bag by Cllr Joyce Lucas

So proud were Oakham Town Council of their green flag status awarded by the Keep Britain Tidy Group
that they failed to see the irony of reaching deep into a venerable bag to distribute non biodegradable plastic flags. Mrs Lucas and her old bag seemed to enjoy themselves hugely, although she gave our bench a miss
she did not miss anyone else.

I and others picked up a few that had become litter around and about town.

Wrinkle Rock put on a good show also the rain accompanied their last number.

In the top left of this picture you will notice Cllr Adam  Lowe with his Samsung Zoom Camera. 
Times have changed here in Oakham people like Cllr Lowe are free to photograph at events.
Cllr Nowell could also be see in high visibility sweater snapping away with his flash camera.

The biggest surprise of the day was my good friend Ex Mayor Paul Beech has also taken up photography
even though his subject matter seemed to be me I did not mind after he had attempted around eight times  I decided to give him a friendly wave, a couple of times just in case he did just capture the correct shot he required.

Cllr Lucas is a little more reserved when it comes to her photography habit, she quickly returns her little Panasonic to the safety of her pocket after she snapped me walking past, hoping no one had noticed her.

Below is the one and only photograph I took of my good friend Mr Beech enjoying himself.