Friday, August 31, 2012

Christine Emmett has today been selected by the Corby and East Northamptonshire Conservative Association to contest the by-election.



If I was voting in Corby I would not vote for Christine because she is a Tory and a Rutland County Councillor

Christine is of course one of a few Rutland County Councillors who has manners. Something lacking of many  Rutland Tories.


Christine lives in a Windmill Morcott Rutland LE15 9DQ  Tel: 01572 747000
As she takes her first steps into Corby I think she might be in for a surprise the problems in Corby are far greater than Rutland.
You only have to look the local paper, its not full of nice things like here 
in Rutland

BMW smashed up and set alight in Corby

Magistrates show man caught with two knives no mercy

Police investigating cause of blaze at Corby school

County crackdown on alcohol-related violence



Then of course the biggest complaint in this area is Tory MP's are elected to be rarely seen working in their constituencies ever again. 



If you don't believe me read the letters in  the Stamford Mercury...



Christine Emmett has a degree in Economics, and was a member of William Hague’s Northern Transport Commission, She also worked for Marks & Spencer and still dresses smartly in their outfits.
She does a lot for charity, she often raises cash by living on £1 a day that does not include the fuel to go out and by it or heat it. But it gives her an insight as to how the poor live.

I wish her luck, I did tell her she was to good for Rutland County Council.

She will have to work hard to catch the votes the bookies are not rating her chances.




Christine Emmett has today been selected by the Corby and East Northamptonshire Conservative Association to contest the by-election.



Conservative Party Candidate, Christine Emmett said:
"I feel truly honoured to have be selected as the Conservative candidate for Corby and North East Hants and I relish the chance to fight the upcoming by-election.

"I want to provide real local leadership, standing up for you and being a strong voice for our community in parliament.

"Local people want a local candidate who listens to them and knows how to get things done. I have experience across a number of sectors, having raised money for charity, worked with the health service and run my own business. I want to use my understanding and knowledge to represent the people of Corby and North East Hants.

"I will spend the next few weeks and months traveling around the constituency and listening to people like you. I want to know your view, your problems, your concerns so that I can best represent you and serve our community."

Conservative Party Co-Chairman, Sayeeda Warsi said:
"I am delighted to announce that Christine has been selected as the Conservative Party candidate for Corby and East Northamptonshire.

"Christine has real experience of the working world, and will be a leader for the local community, standing up for the entire constituency and working hard for its residents. By choosing a career politician as their candidate, Labour has shown that they are more concerned with keeping it in the family than truly representing the local people.

"I am looking forward to hitting the campaign trail in the coming weeks, knocking on doors with Christine and showing that the Conservative Party is on the side of hard working people."


Previous about Christine Posted by Martin Brookes at 5/11/2012 06:47:00 PM


Councillor  Christine Emmett (Conservative) Parliamentary Candidate Rutland County Councillor.

When I first met Christine Emmett, I thought she was too good for Rutland County Council and even more shocked to find she was a Rutland Tory. Her vocabulary and diction stretched further than your average Rutland Tory Thug.
She called me by name rather than Idiot or something worse.
I remember asking her at an event, had she ever worked for central government, she said no.
Now I hear she was in Downing Street as a hopeful Parliamentary candidate. Good luck Christine, You need to get out of Rutland before you turn into a typical Rutland Tory drunken old boot.

Please! if you are successful and become an MP try not to forget how you existed for two weeks on £1 a day for food. I and many others do that out of necessity living on basic benefits. 
I spend £10 a week on food. I am pleased to hear your dog eats better than you did for the two weeks.

Christine raised £750 for charity.