Monday, October 10, 2016

Adam Lowe Oakham Mayor Conduct Complaint Against Cllr Martin Brookes 42 16 my response

Adam Lowe Oakham Mayor Conduct Complaint Against Cllr Martin Brookes 42  16 my response

I have blogged in the public interest information I overheard. Since when does a Councillor
need permission from a Council to communicate information to the external auditor?

I overheard Cllr Lowe telling members in a locked office after I was excluded from a council meeting, he told members they to agree to pay off the Clerk even though he had broke the law
and and breached his contract.

If the information I overheard was exempt then perhaps Cllr Lowe should have ensured that
his voice could not be heard outside the locked office door.

I have been excluded from all meetings which have led to the Clerk resigning and being paid
of the sum of £18,000 when he did wrong. I have never seen any documents relating to this matter
so I can not see how I can have breached any of the code of conduct.

Mr Lowe is daft to describe me as a data controller I have not handled any data.

The attitude of the Mayor Cllr Lowe and his cronies shows the council knows it has done
wrong.

Grant Thorton reminded Oakham Town Council earlier this year regarding the role of a
Councillor and Mr Lowe and his bullies refuse to accept any of the findings of the
external auditor. Even describing the unlawful conduct of the former Mayor as a minor
mistake.

Cllr Lowe states I obtained the information as a Cllr with the intention or by act of actually using the same confidential information in an inappropriate way. This is rubbish Oakham Town Councils
old guard still think they are a members only club and everyone should do as they want and  that is
very unacceptable. As a Cllr who could be held accountable for this pay off I refuse to hide the fact
the law has been broken. Public money can not be used to cover up unlawful conduct as happened in this case according to Mr Lowes own words. Of course it is not his fault he blamed all that on Alf Dewis.