Friday, December 15, 2017

Oakham Town Council Clerk and Police Action

Oakham Town Council Clerk and Police Action.

A few days ago I posted about the Clerk Allison Greaves reporting me to the police
for harassment etc. After the Mayor Cllr Michael Haley told me in an email she may have
done so. After it was recommended to her.

I contacted my solicitor David Swingler, who in turn contacted Leicestershire Police
who have confirmed no complaint has been made.

Mr Swingler who represented me in a 2013 court case said yesterday the next the matter
is raised at the council I am to tell the council that he believes I am do nothing wrong
and and to carry on attempting to get the council to do things correctly and to remind
the clerk that she hold a position of public office.

When a person holds public office like I do they must expect criticism and in the case
of the clerk when they give out incorrect advice and cause the external auditor to report
that her mistakes have caused a significant failure of governance.

Oakham Town Council does not and can not accept they do anything wrong.

You can quote the law and be ignored and they can you a bully and if you point
out they are the bullies they get considerable upset.

There have been three costly conduct report all state I am not a bully that satisfies me.

It is fine for the Chairman to shout at members in meetings in a angry many as he did
at our last meeting.

When I reacted to Cllr Anne Skipworth in a exempt part of the meeting a councillor
who normally sits and contributes little said I am a bully and the problem at the council.
Yes a problem because this council is costly and does nothing properly for the community.