Circus Posters Littering The Town Oakham Town Clerks Allison Grieves Failure to ensure
agreements are kept.
although Rutland County Councils website clearly states fly posting like this is illegal
Oakham Town Council seeks signed agreements from Circus's and Fun Fairs that they
will take down any posters before leaving town and normally this happens.
This year saw the arrival of a new circus who posted on every available space throughout
A man employed by the circus told me they would remove the posters.
They failed to remove the posters.
I have removed some in my street, the circus used a heavy duty tape to fix them.
I made several communications with the clerk hoping she would get the circus to
return and remove the posters which are making the town look tatty.
Due to unlawful sanctions imposed by Oakham Town Council because the Clerk
does not like to be approached when things are not done I can no longer follow this
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2017 at 7:53 PM
To: "Martin Brookes"
Cc: "Peter ind" , "Adam Lowe" , "Anne Skipworth"
Subject: Administrative sanctions
Dear Cllr Brookes
During Council’s EGM held on 19 July 2017, Council resolved to introduce the following administrative measures with immediate effect:
1. All e-mail sent by Cllr Brookes to the Clerk’s office are blocked and Cllr Brookes is advised to send his Council related e-mail to the Chairman. The Chairman and Vice Chairman will act as a filter between the Clerk’s office and Cllr Brookes.
2. The Clerk is instructed not to respond to incoming phone calls from Cllr Brookes. Cllr Brookes is advised to contact the Chairman or in his absence, the Vice Chairman with any urgent Council related business. The Chairman or Vice Chairman will determine whether it is urgent or could be dealt with by e-mail or letter.
3. The Clerk is instructed not to respond to any unarranged visits to the office by Councillor Brookes. Councillor Brookes is asked to make arrangements for any necessary visits with the Chairman who will, in consultation with the Clerk, arrange for himself or the Vice Chairman to be present during any such visit.
4. Before, during and immmediately after Council and Council Committtee meetings, the Clerk is accompanied by at least one other councillor whilst Cllr Brookes is present.
5. The effectiveness of these measures to be reviewed by the Staffing Committee after a period of 3 months. The Staffing Committee with advise Council if they are coinsidered to be effective or if not, what additional measures may be required to reduce the identified risks.
Cllr Michael Haley
Chairman Oakham Town Council