Saturday, September 29, 2012

Oakham Town Council, The Planning and Parks Committee will reconvene on Friday 5th October 2012



The Planning and Parks Committee
that I interrupted by  giving a verbal protest
will reconvene on Friday 5th October 2012
at 10.00 am the meeting will continue at the point of adjournment.

The notice outside the
council office reads all are welcome to attend

Despite this The Clerk has told me he is seeking legal advice to
see if I remain excluded.

The Clerk believes that as it is a continuation of the meeting 
I may still be excluded.

My protest was no that bad and the Deputy Mayor Chairing the meeting
had said I could remain. 

Then Cllr Alf Dews Mayor who added a new standing order giving members
power to lick people out, proposed that.

I have had discussions with Cllr Lowe and he
is of the view this is a new public meeting and
I should not be excluded. but he is also seeking advice,
The risk is even if I can stay Cllr Dewis is likely to make his 
proposal again, If  I am then excluded I will conduct a silent
protest, I am told if I am attending a public meeting of
the council and holding a silent protest the police 
can not remove me. Cllr Lowe who was a Special Constable 
for Leicester Police confirmed this.

Only two items will be dealt with at this meeting.

The deadline to comment on the planning applications 
has passed. I was told it does not matter because its
a rather pointless exercise.

I asked a Councillor why Oakham Town Council
is so weak when it comes to planning matters in the 
town, the councillor said it is because the County
Council has over turned so many of their past
decisions they con't be bothered anymore.

I was asked not to name the councillor so I won't.
This confirms my comments about the Town Council
and its commitment to our town.

Its really time people here in Oakham kicked out 
this unelected group.  I really can''t work out
what they do apart from spend money as they please.

The First item which caused all the problem on Wednesday
is a repeat, unfortunately the Clerk and the Assistant Clerk did 
not record the vote so if anyone attends on Friday
they are being asked to vote again it will be amusing 
if some don't turn up and the vote forces the council
to go out to public tender. On Wednesday the item 
was approved due two members cowardly abstaining

Abstentions should be banned, Councillor should vote, 
yes or no.

The second item is to consider if the
town  council is going to give the Rotary money 
so they can buy the town  a Christmas tree.

If Cllr Lucas attends and fails to declare a interest 
due to her husband being a member of the Rotary. 
She will be report to the Police and Standards.

What she fails to realise is this involves money 
and under the new code of practice it is 
a criminal offence not to declare.when money
is involved.