Thursday, August 04, 2016

Rutland Times Formal Complaint Sanctions Article

Rutland Times Formal Complaint Sanctions Article










































Dear Rutland Times

I wish to raise a formal complaint about the attached article which you have published today.

Although you state the Clerk Malcolm Plumb issued a statement this does not excuse that
fact the article contains defamatory and erroneous comments.

Oakham Town Council has a rule the clerk or assistant clerk do not speak to the press or media 
about council any matters. After Richard White ignored this rule on more than one occasion
the council appointed a member as a press spokesperson, which your publication is aware of.

I would like to thank you for pointing out once again the monitoring officer concerns for all
the council, something which the council seems to deny. Malcolm Plumb told me I was incorrect
when I quoted Mrs Mogg's comments.

From

Cllr Martin Brookes