Thursday, March 02, 2017

Oakham Town Council Served a DMCA Notice after newly created incomplete website infringes copyright website created by Welland Creative

Oakham Town Council Served a DMCA Notice after new incomplete website infringes copyright

Finally after nine months of failing to comply with the localism act Oakham Town Council
launched a new website.

The website has cost a fortune and is missing many of the requirements of a Town Council
website.

Rather than employing a professional photographer to provide photo images for the site
the site builder  wellandcreative.com were handed images which the council did not have consent
to use.

In my case the assistant clerk assumed I would be OK with it. I do not support free commercial use
of my images as I know times are hard for professional photographers so I have served a DMCA
take down notice upon the company and Oakham Town Council.

oakhamtowncouncil.gov.uk