Oakham Town Councillor Vacancy Notice Oakham South East
If you have the patients and willing to put up with adverse reactions and bullying
for asking questions residents would expect their Councillor to ask then please
call this election.
Andrew Bennett was co-opted, he was a good Councillor who asked questions
and expected good conduct from others.
He quickly learnt there is a small part of Oakham Town Council including the
clerk who don't like people who ask questions.
Cllr Joyce Lucas BEM described Cllr Andrew Bennett as a cancerous growth
that needed weeding out.
They try very hard to do the same to me, the members of the old guard appear
to have power over newer members who often voting for things they don't
support like the illegal sanctions show below:
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2017 at 7:53 PM
To: "Martin Brookes"
Cc: "Peter ind" , "Adam Lowe" , "Anne Skipworth"
Subject: Administrative sanctions
Dear Cllr Brookes
During Council’s EGM held on 19 July 2017, Council resolved to introduce the following administrative measures with immediate effect:
1. All e-mail sent by Cllr Brookes to the Clerk’s office are blocked and Cllr Brookes is advised to send his Council related e-mail to the Chairman. The Chairman and Vice Chairman will act as a filter between the Clerk’s office and Cllr Brookes.
2. The Clerk is instructed not to respond to incoming phone calls from Cllr Brookes. Cllr Brookes is advised to contact the Chairman or in his absence, the Vice Chairman with any urgent Council related business. The Chairman or Vice Chairman will determine whether it is urgent or could be dealt with by e-mail or letter.
3. The Clerk is instructed not to respond to any unarranged visits to the office by Councillor Brookes. Councillor Brookes is asked to make arrangements for any necessary visits with the Chairman who will, in consultation with the Clerk, arrange for himself or the Vice Chairman to be present during any such visit.
4. Before, during and immmediately after Council and Council Committtee meetings, the Clerk is accompanied by at least one other councillor whilst Cllr Brookes is present.
5. The effectiveness of these measures to be reviewed by the Staffing Committee after a period of 3 months. The Staffing Committee with advise Council if they are coinsidered to be effective or if not, what additional measures may be required to reduce the identified risks.
Cllr Michael Haley
Chairman Oakham Town Council