Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Oakham Town Council Mayor Stressed by Accountability and Transparency

Oakham Town Council Mayor Stressed by Accountability and Transparency

Councillor Sharon Spencer informed members of Oakham Town Council she had not expected the Rutland Times to publish her intention to step down in May.

In a private pre meeting she told members, She had not had an enjoyable year and it had been a exhausting role.

She handed members a written proposal suggesting in future the role of Mayor should be split, thinking there should be a ceremonial Mayor and a separate role for a leader.

This was supported by Councillor Tor Clark who felt the members should elect a leader for the full term and a Mayor each year.

Councillor Sharon Spencer said she was exhausted trying to do her day job and be a Councillor and Mayor.

She then went on to say she was constantly worried, I would report what was in her shopping trolley or where she parked her car.

I am not sure if this is guilt or paranoia.


I find these remarks highly unfair, I have never thought Councillor Spencer behaved illegally like Councillor Lucas.

Image how she would feel if she had been subjected to the intimidation and bullying I am subjected to and now the death threat.

It is particularly unfair as, I have always consulted with her about photographs and provided her with some unpublished images of her and her proud mother.

When she has requested I don't take photographs, I have respected those requests, this included the total ban at the Town Carol Concert.

I personally think if Councillor Spencer is totally exhausted, would it not be good for her to step down as leader now and remain as a Councillor?

It is a long time till May.........