Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Efficient... Oakham Town Council Spends 39p + Admin Costs to ask for 30p


Efficient... Oakham Town Council Spends 39p + Admin Costs to ask for 30p

In an attempt to find out how Oakham Mayor Councillor Joyce Lucas has spent public money this year.

When I was a Town Councillor I asked a question about the Mayors spending. She responded by saying "I don't have to tell you anything and I will have you know I was out of pocket last month"

So I have resorted to Freedom of Information request.

After receiving a reply via email and a conversation with the Clerk I was surprised to receive the above. A total waste of time and money. 

This morning I received confirmation via email, the information can be sent to me via email, this will help keep costs down.

I am very keen to see the break down of the cost of the Mayors Civic reception, which she is quoted in the Rutland Times saying: "It was a good day for my family and friends and the people of Oakham". 

I am hoping the event all the people of Oakham paid for and remained uninvited, did not cost more than £300 she claims was raised for the Royal British Legion.

At Christmas the Mayors Carol concert, cost more than the money raised for the same charity. This event was open to the public, most were not interested and stayed away.