Saturday, August 25, 2012

Tragic death of council director Aman Mehra, Helen Briggs Rutland County Council


It is good to see at long last the local press has got around to publishing details regarding the tragic death of Rutland County Council Director of Places.

The Rutland Times published the story on-line today 8 days after the inquest verdict.

I imagine the delay was due to the special relationship this papers enjoys with Helen Briggs and her Tory Mob at Rutland County Council.


PC David Campion, who investigated the circumstances surrounding the tragedy, said that on the morning on June 15, Mr Mehra dropped off his wife and two children in Oakham before going to work.
A meeting took place with the council’s chief executive Helen Briggs at which Mr Mehra was suspended from work and asked to leave the premises.


Mrs Briggs accompanied Mr Mehra to his car, carrying his belongings and he was last seen at about 10.30am.

Anyone who has had the unfortunate chance of meeting Helen Briggs the Chief Executive of Rutland County  will know that she would have been enjoyed that moment immensely. 

Staff past and present speak of their hatred and fear of this woman who is  made of the stuff of old boots.

Of course if your the local police Inspector she will charm you over tea each week and use you for her Tory political purposes.

Some former staff have taken her too tribunal and won but we never see this in the local press why?

A former Conservative Councillor once summed it up in an email to me, She and two other Tory Councillors are bullies, I would say there are more than that three.

They have also  been around a long time. Rutland County Council has for a long time had its problems when it comes to its chief executives,. In the past there has been womanising drunks,  I think the cold callous Mrs Briggs and her team of Tory bullies top the lot.

After the inquest, Mr Mehra’s brother-in-law Hemand Bhatia said: “The inquest might be over but our quest to find out the truth remains.”

This is said despite meetings with Helen Briggs.

Sadly for the family I fear, will never find the truth, bullies rely on fear to shut people up.

The Council has tried many ways to shut me up, they must know by now I don't give in to bullies who rule it is "political tit for tat" for Tory bullies like Gene Plews to refer to me as an idiot in their communications.

Sadly there are Councillors who give into the bullying, one recently said to me regarding this tragic case  "we are not asking questions it is best not to"

That is a disgrace the public pay for this joke of a council and it is a councillors role to seek scrutiny.

I and others believe questions should be asked and lessons learnt. So there is not a repeat of this tragic case. 

The few times I met Mr Mehra, I found him to be a very pleasant man, not at all like the hard nosed people you often come across at the council. People speak very highly of the man and I think his family should remember that.. I know they want answers but so have many other people over the years. They have all wanted answers from the council and many battle them and have lost a lot doing so. They are laughed at when the result has meant they have lost a home. Frankly it disgusts me. I recently heard a person in Cottesmoore was written to when they lost their home. The letter was clearly sent from a person with council knowledge.



Mrs Briggs spends lots of tax payers money monitoring my internet activity. When I asked why at a public meeting her deputy responded it is in the councils interest to monitor my activity.

In return I keep an eye on the councils activity. They block me from there main twitter account but if I sign out I can view their boring tweets.

Mrs Briggs has her own account, research leads me to believe she is the only Chief Executive to protect her account, I wonder what she has to hide? @Rutland0001 most of her Tory Mob (Councillors) don't use their real names.

Of course there are ways to find and see this activity and I make an appeal Chief executive of Broxtowe Borough Council.

She had a Twitter conversation with Mrs Briggs which ended with "I must toughen up also"

If you want to be hated by your staff then do follow in Mrs Briggs footsteps?

Mrs Briggs quoted in a national news paper sums her up nicely.

"We are lean and mean," enthuses chief executive Helen Briggs, who lives in Oakham.at the 10th Anniversary of Rutland's Independence,

Not something to be proud of but a very true statement from her own mouth