Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Welfare-to-work Official figures show job target missed Intraining fails.


Welfare-to-work Official figures show job target missed Intraining fails.



In training are one of the providers of the 'work programme" for the Rutland.

There is no provider based in Rutland.

So in the early days of my participation of the scheme, which turned out to be nothing more
than what the job centre staff did in the past. My advisor checked I was applying for jobs
and recommended a few vacancies.  In all it used to provide me with a free day trip to Leicester.

At the beginning of summer Intraining decided to drop the day trips and started monthly telephone
interviews.

My last one for this year was last week. My advisor wished me a Happy Christmas and booked
me a visit to the office on 8th January 2013.

So it is no surprise today I read  the scheme is failing,

The scheme is no different from any other scheme.

I don't complain  any more.

From what I can work out is the government paid one large company a huge sum of money to provide the work programme ,  They in turn have subcontracted this to providers like Intraining who are paid a small sum up front and a sum when the unemployed person finds work and keeps the job for two years. So it is little surprise these providers are running out of money,

After five year of various schemes I still apply for many jobs and send my CV which I am sure ends up being placed at the bottom of the pile due to the time period I have been a job seeker.

Once I was a novelty applicant for a hotel manager, he called me in for interview, because he was interested to know why I had been out of work for four years. He was new to the area. I walked to the interview a part-time job over an hour away.