Monday, December 10, 2012

Five Year Plus, Rutland County Council, Refund



When I first moved to Oakham over five years ago, My solicitor
wrongly paid Rutland County Council a sum of money.

One of the Council Solicitors at the time demanded more as the
years passed. I refused to pay any more.

That solicitor said "don't worry we will collect when you sell or die
which ever comes first" And Rutland County Council say they
don't bully?

I am pleased to say after over five years cheque arrived last week.

The amount is wrong but it is near to what I paid so it will have to do.
The payment has been calculated from a smaller payment made by
a previous lease holder some years before I moved to Oakham.

The amount plus interest comes to a tiny amount over what I paid
I cant be bothered to chase the council for the interest they owe me.
The tax payer suffers another in this area due to this councils mistakes.

I am happy to have received my money, but I can see why people
give up when they deal with Councils like ours.