Monday, January 07, 2013

Cllr Gale Waller, Rutland County Council, Most People Find One Visit to Norwich is enough for anyone


Cllr  Gale Waller 
Pinfold Lane
South Luffenham
Oakham
Rutland LE15 8NR
email: gwaller@rutland.gov.uk     

Tonights pre-meeting discussion between Cllr Gale Waller 
and Tory Councillor Carolyn C Cartwright was based on
football and the City of Norwich.

Cllr Gale Waller said she had visited Norwich twice and
her husband wont let her go again and anyway one 
visit to the City of Norwich is normally enough for anyone.

Tory Cllr Cartwright who could not remember where she
normally sits for meetings, said she was a great fan of
Norwich and a supporter of the team.




Cllr Waller contacted me this morning to suggest I had inaccurately quoted
her private conversation.

Her conversation was conducted in a public space and across the room.

Rutland County Council have a strange perception of privacy.

I have agreed to publish Cllr Waller's response, even though she is a 
Luton supporter.


Gale Waller  wrote:



Mr Brookes,

I have had my attention drawn to your blog about me. I have no objection to your blogging accurate information, nor conversations I have had in a public place, albeit in a private capacity. I would ask, though, that you report accurately. What I actually said was that my husband did not wish to go to Norwich City Football Club's ground at Carrow Road in Norwich, not to the town itself. If you knew me you would know that I am a fanatical Luton Town supporter but that my husband is not and only accompanies me to grounds he has not previously visited. He has visited Carrow Road in the past, hence not wanting to go again. The way you have reported my comments suggests a criticism of the town of Norwich which is inaccurate and unfair on the people of the town. As it happens Norwich is a town my husband and I both like very much. If in future you wish to quote me when I am having a private conversation I would appreciate your checking the facts with me first. Thank you.

Gale Waller
Councillor, Normanton Ward
Rutland County Council




________________________________ 

Rutland County Council

Customer Service Centre: 01572 722 577

Visitor Parking Information & Map:
http://www.rutland.gov.uk/customer_services/visitor_parking.aspx

Email Enquiries: enquiries@rutland.gov.uk
Council Website: http://www.rutland.gov.uk<http://www.rutland.gov.uk/> 
Visiting Rutland? http://www.discover-rutland.co.uk<http://www.discover-rutland.co.uk/> 

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and may not be official policy.
Internet email should not be treated as a secure form of communication.
Please notify the sender if received in error.


This email was received from the INTERNET and scanned by the Government Secure Intranet anti-virus service supplied by Cable&Wireless Worldwide in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) In case of problems, please call your organisation's IT Helpdesk. 
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for legal purposes.