Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Rutland County Council, Out Of The Rut, Former Loo, Now Commercial Squat, Homeless in Rutland



Rutland County Council, Out Of The Rut, Former Loo, Now Commercial Squat

In 2010 Rutland County Council wasted at least £30,000 of public money supporting
a project led by local Charity Out Of the Rutland.

There was no forward thinking by the council, Mr Paul Watson who run the project
was keen to employ me, to help run the vegetable shop. Each time my applications
were block by Rutland County Council. I had to take my laptop to show Paul my
out box as he started to think I had not applied. His email was a Rutland County
Council address so it is no surprise my applications were easily blocked.

After a year into the project Mr Watson retired and the project closed down.

The property was recently repossessed by Rutland County Council after remaining empty
for over year.

Last month property left on the premises was disposed of by Rutland County Council.
Property belonging to a charity funded by public money.

It is good to see homeless people have moved into the property. Rutland County Council
does little or nothing for the homeless of Rutland.

I wonder how long it can continue to dump them on Leicester. I fear for not much longer
as Leicester City Council has a camp on on its door step after it proposed to close many
of its homeless shelters.