Sunday, June 02, 2013

the rutland county show

The rutland county show burley on the hill.

At least the sun is shining today for the last show on burley on the hill

7 years ago I made my first visit to the rutland county show.

That first visit showed me how kind the ordinary folk of rutland are.

Not the nasty people connected to our local governance. They stink more than some of the livestock on show.

At that point of my first visit they did not know me as I just moved to Oakham.

I purchased a number of plants and trees for my garden.

Forgetting I had no transport on that fine day, I made a few long walking trips with shrubs and trees in hand.

A kind lady who owned a smart new mini convertable stopped and offered me a lift. We returned to the plant stall and filled the mini with the remaining trees. There was just enough room to fit driver and passenger.

That is just 1 example of the kindness of ordinary rutland  people I have experienced over the past 7 years.

Sadly I cannot think of 1 example of any kindness from anyone connected to local governmence in our area.

1 year the cowards used leicestershire police to kick me out of the county show. For no reason oakham police frog marched me from the show ground.

That resulted in the ending of the police stewarding the show.

1 stall to avoid this year is oakham town council.

Oakham town council has spent thousands of pounds of public on bright yellow gazebos pens and stickers.

If we see a repeat of the late night christmas shopping the gazebos are likely to only be visited by a few people rather like a few flies flying  around a lone turd. As the good folks pass by too visit the smiling traders on the various other stalls.