Wednesday, August 14, 2013

David Lewis, Ebro Ultra marathon river swim in Spain, National Autistic Society



Subject: Spanish Ultramarathon sponsored swim
From: David Lewis <daviduppingham@gmail.com>

Thanks to those who sponsored me for the 3km Great East Swim in June. Unfortunately it was cancelled due to bad weather. The strong wind and rain was deemed unsafe for the supporting kayaks.
So I have transferred my sponsored event to the Ebro Ultra marathon river swim in Spain on 31st August.http://www.ultraebre.com/p/swimmer-info.html
I will be the first Englishman to take part in this annual event - the longest open water FINA-approved swim in southern Europe at 30.8km
My youngest son Alastair is to be my kayak support - he has just passed his BCU stage 1 qualification in preparation for the event.


For anyone still considering sponsoring me for the National Autistic Society, or increasing their existing sponsorship in light of the 10-fold increase in distance, you can do so on my modified Just Giving page
http://www.justgiving.com/Swimmer-David
Many thanks in anticipation.
_____________David Lewis10 Bayley CloseUppinghamRutlandLE15 9TG07833 680058