Friday, September 20, 2013

Julie Wilson, Elephants, Sculpture, The Old House Gallery 13 Market Place Oakham Rutland



I spotted thes elephants in the window of the Old House Gallery
Market Place Oakham.

I like the realistic texture.



www.rutlandgallery.com

The Old House Gallery
13 Market Place
Oakham
Rutland
Tel: 01572 755 538

OPENING HOURS

10am - 1pm and 2pm - 5pm Monday - Friday
9.30am - 5pm Saturday

Julie Wilson Sculptures

julieI live and work in rural Leicestershire which provides me with many great opportunities to study the animals that I create from my surroundings.
All my pieces are highly detailed, textured and very natural – the use of oxide and ceramic pigments emphasise this. 

They are hand-made from coarse stoneware clay using slab building techniques.




My background is in fashion and design, which I studied at Loughborough College of Art and this has definitely influenced my work especially in my attention to detail.

I love doing commissions for people, a lot of which have been their pet dogs, but not all my subjects are quite so personal.  Other pieces have included llamas and a gannet.

Amongst my latest pieces have been a barn owl, the heads of a giraffe and its youngster and a horse drinking.



Tel: 01536 770912