Sunday, December 29, 2013

Why is Openness being denied to elected members of the community? Rutland County Council UKIP



Why is Openness being denied to elected members of the community?

Dec 22 2013 8:21 PM

Dear Councillor Begy open letter

In response to your email to me dated 18th December at 11.46am. I am surprised that when Cllr. Pocock emailed me regarding various issues to which I replied, I then find he has passed it to you to respond.

However I find your email yet again unhelpful. Can you please give me good reasons why I should NOT have access to minutes or notes of meetings with Tresham and with developers of the largest housing proposal that Rutland has ever seen, both matters within my Ward?

It is a fundamental necessity of a Local Authority, when talking with other organizations regarding property sales, purchases and planning applications and agreements to either formally record the main points of discussion and agreement in either minutes or notes. We are talking potentially millions of pounds of public money. Are you suggesting no such records were taken?

You move onto The Weightman’s report as your only weapon against us, what a waste of money that was, not something we were fully involved in, not receiving the final version and not being able to contact the author who left Weightmans before we could conclude our discussions with her.

You should be aware that we believe that there is a cover-up going on. We have informed RCC and the Leicestershire Police of this. While documents and records continue to be withheld that suspicion will continue and grow. We specifically want to follow the process, the options and the financial implication discussed with the organizations we have mentioned. Can we now see those documents please?

Cllr Richard Gale