Saturday, May 10, 2014

Oakham Bus Station Rutland County Council



Oakham Bus Station Rutland County Council

Since all the local digs have finished admiring their new bus station
I thought I would take a closer look inside this morning,
I was pleased to see no one was using it, all prefering to lean against
the outside wall of Wilko this meant I could take a closer look at
what a nearly one million pounds buys. Not much inside a few metal
benches a travel indicator some lights and leaflets and not forgeting
the loo with a unisex symbol on the door of one room. CCTV to film who
uses it. The latest security alarm.

I think it would make a lovely location for a little Marks and Spencer
Simply Food franchise.

I spotted a letter in this weeks Rutland Times rather hastily written
by a resident who congratulates the council declaring this addition
to Oakham as real progress for the town, Like myself the letter writer
had noticed the cost , but that did not spoil her joyful moment,
I guess she would have been overcome with joy if Cllr Plews was given
his desired airport.

For all the praise she gave the council for this progress you would have
thought the council had just opened the first Virgin Space Travel
waiting room.



Even the driver of the empty Shorelink tourist bus finds the seats of
the bus, a more comfortable place to put his feet up for a rest after
a long wait for customers.






I forgot to try and there is no mention of Cllr Terry Kings promise of Free Wi Fi