Monday, October 06, 2014

Postal Votes Rutland County Council Photograph, The Flawed Part of the Election Process

Postal Votes Rutland County Council Photograph,
The Flawed Part of the Election Process.


Postal Votes being transport from the council
chamber

Postal votes are the flawed part of the election
process.

At previous election I witnessed the process and
found it unsatisfactory. Votes rejected and then
returned.

I witnessed my own vote rejected due to variation
in mine signature.

All postal votes require a signature and this is
scanned and checked by computer.

Any rejections are checked by the returning officer
who has the discretion to include or reject the vote.

I assume you can trust most returning officers
not to reject a vote because of the party voted
for.

I would not trust Conservative Chief Executive
Helen Briggs who is also the returning officer.

Why would anyone trust a person who lies under
oath in court.

I no longer use the postal voting system because
I believe from what I have witnessed it is not
a secure way to vote.