Thursday, January 08, 2015

Leicestershire Police Oakham Privacy Issues and Data Protection Issues Rutland County Council.

Leicestershire Police have opened its enquiry desk in the reception area at Rutland County Council.

This has caused the Chief Executive Helen Briggs a great deal of excitement and is visible by her
twitter activity.

Mrs Briggs and her Tory group have for far to enjoyed a disgraceful relationship with the local
police. Some go ask far as claiming corruption. 

I personally have experience activity that has been very unhealthy due to the special relationship
held between some officers and Mrs Briggs and her Tory companions and friends.

If I had not experienced those issues, I probably would not been concerned about this move into Rutland County Councils offices by the police.

It concerns me that any visit to the police is now monitored by the CEO who lied under oath in
court.

The council controlled CCTV of the police desk is unacceptable and raises serious privacy and data
protection issues.

I have written to the Chief Constable and the IOC regarding my Data Protection Concerns.

I have also pointed out how odd it is that Mrs Briggs thinks the police are her colleagues.









Dear Leicestershire Police and IOC

I am very concerned Rutland Council has a CCTV camera above the Police Enquiry new desk at Catmose.

In the past Cllr Terry King pointed to a camera and told me it also was recording sound.

As the police have no control of this data, I consider this a serious issue.

I have a letter from Rutland County Council apologising for past data protection breaches.

They can not be trusted with this data.

Could the camera not be removed? 

I do not object to Police CCTV, it might have been useful if it had been installed at the former Police enquiry desk.

I object to Rutland County Council having access to recordings of my private visits to the police.

Since when did services of our Police become a partnership between Police and Rutland County Council as is suggested by the CEO Mrs Briggs in her recent Tweets?

Tweets from Mrs Briggs stating she is looking forward and happy to 
be working in partnership with "Police Colleagues" is odd and unacceptable, since when
did she join Leicestershire Police?

I hope Rutland County Council has not become an extension of Leicestershire Police and that they are simply renting a space?

I look forward to your reply.

From

Martin Brookes