Sunday, January 25, 2015

Oakham Town Council Publishing Video Recordings Off Meetings?

Oakham Town Council Publishing Video Recordings Off Meetings?
















Members of Oakham Town Council were dishonestly misled into spending thousands
of pounds installing one cheap camera and recording unit.

Cllrs were told the system was required to record meetings and make them
available to members of the public via their website.

Since the installation last year no meetings have been saved from the system
or published for public viewing.

I am starting to believe Oakham Town Councils Deputy Mayor Cllr Alf Dewis when he told me
they only "had it installed to record my protests at council meeting"

Personally I don't object to being recorded because it shows I don't break the law.
What I object to is the dishonest Cllr Dewis and the Mayor Jayne Woodcock.
Why did they need to lie to other Cllrs to get what they wanted. Perhaps if they were honest
and told Cllrs their real intention then tax payers money would not have been wasted.