Friday, February 20, 2015

Leicester City Cllr Barbara Potter, Former Labour Cllr and Mayoral Candidate Convicted of Perverting the course of justice

Leicester City Cllr Barbara Potter, Former Labour Cllr and Mayoral Candidate Convicted of Perverting the course of justice could be jailed.

Cllr Potter, an independent councillor for the Humberstone and Hamilton ward and mayoral candidate, denied lying to the police when she told them her ex-partner Andrew Taylor had spat on her car windscreen.

Police DNA testing found the spit belonged to another man ,who said he knew the Cllr and
they had previously had a disagreement about a kebab. Cllr Potter said she did not know the
man.

Judge Nicholas Dean told Cllr Potter to expect a jail sentence


Cllr Potter posted on her Facebook page the following:

Well my friends ....
I've been found guilty accused of lying WTF.
No faith in reporting a crime or ever talking to a copper ever again.
The old bill only support people that live around here claiming illegal benefits robbing the tax man.
No real justice in this unfair world I live in : (
 — feeling stiched up .

Barbara Potter Got dipped stripped and found guilty of a crime I reported ... 
Dark days ahead sentencing to follow end of March Karen Connolly just in time so I can't stand so I'd loose my job also.


Barbara Potter Strange the judge told everyone present not to look up write or talk about the case yesterday morning ... 
Bang am called a lier before I was given any opportunity to prove I've always been the target. 
I will never have faith in legal for the rest of my life and I'd never look at a copper never mind chat to any of them ever again.
18 February at 22:26


Barbara Potter Been told police don't like what I've put on my Facebook as raising eyebrows. 
Bet they will try and arrest me again for speaking how I feel and being let down by the council and police. A


Barbara Potter Wrong identification m8 ' 
As for saying claiming illegal Benfits my ex is and has done for over 4 years now. My ex has his own business goes abroad couple times a year while he lives with someone claiming she's single parent as well as owing over 18k in unpaid child maintenance .... 
Yes in this case it's El
18 February at 23:26


Barbara Potter Wrong identification m8 ' 
As for saying claiming illegal Benfits my ex is and has done for over 4 years now. 
My ex has his own business goes abroad couple times a year while he lives with someone claiming she's single parent as well as owing over 18
k in unpaid child maintenance .... 
Yes in this case crime is being committed by claiming Benfits and full rent along with no council tax' while he tells crown courts his working in Birmingham and it couldn't have been him 
Yet in the other court hearing he tells the CSA he doesn't work. 
Something doesn't balance as he isn't registered to live anywhere here in LeicesterMark Stevens

I've found grounds to appeal my friends can't say what at this stage but trust me you'll be shocked when am able to confirm with my friends
 — feeling positive.


A tweet from Cllr Potter one of her happier moments dancing with MP Keith Vaz