Thursday, March 19, 2015

Oakham Town Council Mark Woodcock Oakham Mayor Letter 2008

Oakham Town Council Mark Woodcock Oakham Mayor Letter 2008

Sometimes it is nice to look back, not always the case when it comes to
my experience of Oakham Town Council, Rutland County Council
and Leicestershire Police.

I found this letter from Oakham Mayor Mark Woodcock sent in 2008
one year before the troubles started. Via the the online chat forum
run for all, but mainly used by Councillors the Clerk and their friends, often
homophobic racist and just plain disgusting. It was most shocking to
find most of the content was created by 'pillars ' of our community.
Who still to this day describe the content as satire.
Fortunately for many the site was closed.

http://www.rutnet.co.uk/forum/

Unfortunate for myself and few others, those who hid behind strange user
names like carpet burns (former Mayor Jim Harrison) switched to using a crazy
councillor and used other blog sites and twitter to continue their homophobic
hate campaign.

Oakham Town Council and Rutland County Council deny its a hate
campaign even though I have seen Jim Harrison's emails. with content
like  " 'Brookes' I hate the bastard with a vengeance" is that  not hate?
If only I had not believe Mr Harrison's lies back then and not dropped my
standards complaints after meeting him maybe things would have been
different today.

So that is why it's not always pleasant to look back.

Although I did enjoy reading this old letter, even though it's sad to think
this man is currently a Rutland County Councillor and his wife is our
current Mayor are both avid supporters of a former Mayor named in court
as one of Cllr Haworth's Partners in Crime and she support Cllr Haworth
when I questioned him on film at Victoria Hall,