Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Recruitment is swift at The Old Buttercross Marstons Pub.

This post is for the benefit of Oakham Town Councils Clerk and his mob  of Councillors
and friends at Rutland County Council. Who describe me as a dole bludger for claiming
£72 a week JSA.

One of my Rutland County Councillors included claims a much larger allowance
to turn up and walk out of meetings

The Town Clerk is currently receiving over £2,000 a month to sit at home doing nothing.
I used to say I am sure the Mayor Jayne Woodcock who work for the NHS as a manager
based in Leicester would not tolerate such waste of public money.
That was until I saw last nights news report where  Leicester NHS was report to have
one of the highest levels of staff on sick leave due to stress and mental illness. So
its no surprise She and her deputy put his rudeness, arrogance and incompetence
down to Mental Illness or Stress.



Last night I spotted job advert for the new pub located in Barleythorpe Oakham.

I registered via Marstons Web Site:


You have successfully created an account on our careers site. You can use this account to apply for any vacancies advertised on our website and track the progress of your applications.
Your Username is: #
Your Password is: #

 Kind Regards


The Marston's Recruitment Team


Then I applied for the advertised vacancies I received notification that my application
had been received.

Dear Martin


Thank you for submitting your application for the position of BAR & WAITING STAFF - New Build - Old Buttercross.  We have received your details which will now be reviewed by the Recruitment Team. You can view and track the progress of your application via your candidate account .Your login details have been emailed to you.

To ensure that you receive further updates on your application, please check your settings will not filter our communications and not direct them to your junk mail.

Kind Regards

Marston's Recruitment Team


Almost at the same time I received this:

Dear Martin,


I am writing to you with regards to your recent application for the position of BAR & WAITING STAFF - New Build - Old Buttercross with Marstons PLC.

Upon reviewing your application, Marstons PLC have informed us that you have been unsuccessful. On this occasion other candidates more closely matched the skills and criteria required for this role.

We thank you for taking the time to complete the application form and wish you all the best in your job search.


For more opportunities from networx please visit www.networxrecruitment.com


So many large companies use these crap time consuming automated recruitment systems.

Only last month I applied for six jobs at Tesco and all "were given very careful consideration"
in less than five minutes of sending.

I like the tesco site because it remembers all your answers previously given and gives
you option to re-use them, which I do because the answers given secured me a interview
last year and a chance to build a paper tower and tidy the produce department for no
pay. If I had not gain an interview then I think it would have been wise to change my
answers. Personally I think getting past these automated recruitment systems is a
bit of a lottery.