Sunday, October 04, 2015

Oakham Castle Tree Felling Creates new views and angry comments from residents The Big Lottery "Massacre"

Oakham Castle Tree Felling Creates new views and angry comments from residents The Big Lottery "Massacre"

Yesterday I spent some time in Cutts Close listening to some comments being made
by residents.

Why has the council not consulted us? The answer is Rutland County Council did
all it was required within law. Sometimes I feel it needs to do more to consult
with residents and even councillors.

One Rutland County Councillor did not know how many trees were going to be felled.

So far along church passage all the trees have been felled.

Many of those trees belonged to Oakham Town Council and the removal of those
trees were approved by the council.

When I saw the plan, I did not bother to count the number of trees to be felled
there were to many, so I voted against. A Rutland County Councillor
said I was corporately responsible. I ensured my objection was minuted.

Another member of the public told Oakham Town Councillors arborologist
"this is a massacre and questioned why were we not consulted"

The Rutland County Councillor who grew up in Oakham said Rutland County
Council over the last few years has destroyed all their childhood memories
and this last act of destruction made them feel like moving.

Over the years I have lived in the town of Oakham I have been disappointed
many times by the lack of interest in the town shown by our town council

Today I visited the castle and all I see is a mound of dry dusty earth appearing
I can not see much evidence of a wall.

This is the last green public space here in Oakham and it is my opinion
Rutland County County Council has destroyed it.

Wildlife has been displaced, The eagle kites are no longer seen flying over the
castle grounds and builders rubbish has been placed in the badgers set.

This is a total waste of National Lottery Money.

Here are some photographs of new views appearing from the castle wall.






All Saints Church Oakham







Cutts Close Oakham























No place for the young people to hide anymore

























Oakham School





















Queen Elizabeth II Bandstand and Old School Cutts Close
Oakham Rutland




















The Old Oakham School Building