Thursday, February 11, 2016

Oakham Town Council has co-opted a new member for the Oakham South East Ward, Tracy Carr.

Oakham Town Council has co-opted a new member for the Oakham South East
Ward, Tracy Carr. Tracy was not present last night, before voting I asked the Chairman
why the candidate was absent and the dreadful Cllr Lucas interrupted and said it is personal.
I simple wanted to know the person who was perhaps expecting my vote had explained
her absence to the chairman. Cllr Lucas refused to vote stating it was nothing personal.

After attending Tracy's interrogation which was described as an interview, at which she
was subjected to questioning about her personal work life the sort of questions those
who stand for election would not need to answer.

Tracy has a fan in me, she sees the need for better community involvement
and more representation for and from the younger members of our community.
I think she will bring a professionalism to the council and perhaps a touch of
fun. She talks more than me...

She will be impressed to find the town council is now communicating a lot
more with residents, this now includes Twitter and Facebook.
This was mention last night in the Clerks report handed out before the
meeting. The old guard are unhappy with the slow modernisation of
Oakham Town Council. Cllr Lucas looked at the report and said "why
am I being shown things about Facebook, I am not interested I don't do
it" at a previous meeting she also voted against new public meetings
which will update the public and seek input from the public stating
"we don't need the meetings" Why? is my question.

Cllr Stubbs this week said in a email he does not want to appear or be
mentioned on any social media site.






















Cllr Tracy Carr Oakham Town Council Oakham South East Ward
Facebook