Saturday, April 16, 2016

Fred Leicester: If we get the MPs we deserve, how did we end up with Alan Duncan and Keith Vaz?

Fred Leicester: If we get the MPs we deserve, how did we end up with Alan Duncan and Keith Vaz?





Fred Leicester: "When Alan says 'low achievers', he means me. 
You. Normal people. But people who didn't make lots of money 
and were, thus, low achievers. People who had failed at life."






Five years now I've been writing this wafer-thin doggerel. Five years. I don't know who deserves the medal most here, me or you.
In that time I've returned to the familiar themes of: my griping wife, my squabbling kids, Keith Vaz, my hangovers, the congestion in Leicester, the surfeit of cycle lanes which don't seem to be making that any better, Leicester City, UKIP, Miranda, my ongoing abdomen grumbles, rubber-gloved doctors and their receptionists not making that any better either, my sense of impending doom… (Enough, Fred. Enough - Ed).

Never once in those five years have I written about Alan Duncan, long-standing Tory MP for Melton and Rutland, the diminutive former Minister for International Development with the immaculate hair and smart suits and expensive private education which doesn't always seem to stop him saying things WITHOUT REALLY THINKING ABOUT THEM.

Take this week. Little Al's boss, our glorious leader, David Cameron, has been under some pressure.

To Read More Click Here