Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Oakham Town Council abuse from Ex Cllr John Kennedy & Ex Mayor Paul Beech

I simply point out the Clerk has broken the law and ignored financial regulations in
a very open letter to the Council.

The Town Clerks Conduct is the same as the disgraced Mayor Alf Dewis

For pointing this out I am subject to abuse in public from an ex Cllr and a former Mayor.

Here in Oakham it appears it is acceptable and fine for a town council
Mayor and Clerk to break laws even when Grant Thornton says its not.

Once again I am accused of bullying the Clerk. I am not bullying the Clerk
it is the duty of all Councillors not to ignore unlawful conduct.

Can you imagine the stink ex Mayor Paul Beech would cause if I was me ignoring
the laws and financial regulations. I hear him shouting now, put him in the
stocks or worse!

If anyone is bullying here it is ex Cllr John Kennedy and the former Mayor
Paul Beech and that is nothing new.

I refer to Paul Beeches recent comments on the page "I think he is rattled"
and "he needs to get a sense of humour"

I and others can not personally see what is funny about his false allegation
that I drove Jan Filligham another ex Mayor to her death. I did not kill
her the cancer did that

Mr Kennedy and Mr Beech show a total lack of manners by constantly
referring to me as Brookes or Brooksey. I am not in the Army.

Mr Kennedy calls me moronic for upholding the law, strange when
you consider he is a neighbourhood watch co-ordinator.

Mr Beech studied criminology so I would have expected better from
him.

I suggest they both ask their friend the Clerk for a copy of the audit
report and then tell me if I am still mad?

Grant Thornton issued a qualified audit because of Alf Dewis and
the Clerks failure to comply with laws and total failure of the councils
financial regulations.

I have done nothing wrong and will continue to work in a way that is expected
of all councilors.

The old guard won't win.



I have just read Brookesy's rant on the finance issues at OTC, or more to the point his bullying of the clerk. This is a blatant vendetta against an individual who is employed in a position as a public servant. My view is that the members of OTC should stand up for their employees against this apparent madman and support the clerk without question. They have a moral responsibility as well as a legal one to protect employees and should censure Brookes and report him to standards. If Parliament can get Skinner thrown out then OTC, RCC and any other responsible local body should be able to do the same. But then again you have to understand what is going on and I don't believe those that are responsible at RCC have a clue. What are they waiting for - another fatality? The picture at the top of this page says it all.
Like
Comments
John Kennedy It is outrageous behaviour. The Clerk could hold the whole Council responsible if they do not take action & i wouldn't blame him if he does. It is a totally thankless task being bombarded for information. Do you think Brookes wants the job, maybe?
Like6 hrsEdited
Paul Beech Might want it, but he'd never get it.
Like4 hrs
David Briant Take solace gentlemen, we live in the smallest county imagine how much havoc he could create in say Birmingham
Like1 hr
Paul Beech David Briant. I'm sure you know he would never get away with what he does here in larger towns and cities. They simply wouldn't tolerate him. Spaghetti Junction and all that concrete??????????
Like1 hr
David Briant I see where you are coming from .... Perhaps he is starting small and will hopefully expand to larger areas to spread his gospel
Like1 hr
Paul Beech We live in hope.
Like1 hr
Is there any steps we can take to suspend Cllr Brookes for bringing OTC into disrepute? In Football if anybody posted blogs like he has done, they would be immediately suspended. Do we have any legal/financial Eagles who we can take advice from?
Like
Comments
Paul Beech Yes there are but it means approaching RCC first. You know what that would mean. Nothing.
Like6 hrs
Paul Beech The only other way is to take him through a civil court and ruin him financially for life.
Like6 hrs
John Kennedy Can we set a fund up to take him to court? He has upset enough people over the years, I'm sure there are many people who would like to contribute
Like6 hrs
Paul Beech It'll never get off the ground John.
Like4 hrs
This is blatant bullying and if I was the Clerk, I would report this man for harassment! He is supposed to be a Cllr!! Why write "Dear Oakham Town Council" and publish a letter on his blog? He didn't like it when I mentioned a small part of a letter he had written to Leicestershire Police about me. Go and see the Clerk, but oh no, lets wash all our dirty washing in public again.
Oakham Town Council FOI Request Accounts Unlawful Spending and VAT Oddity
MARTINBROOKES.BLOGSPOT.CO.UK
Like
Comments
Paul Beech It is absolutely appalling conduct from a local politician, John. The man is a disgrace and he's even had the nerve to post it as a councillor.
Like6 hrs
Brooke's with more dirty washing in public. Is there anything that can stop his moronic actions? Do the investigations and then publish the results if you find wrong doing.
You will overstep the mark at some time and the powers that be will be on you like a tonne of bricks. You have far too much time on your hands.