Monday, June 13, 2016

Oakham Town Council Fundamental need for improvement states The monitoring officer at Rutland County Council

Oakham Town Council Fundamental need for improvement states The monitoring officer at Rutland County Council.

Oakham Town Council has been in need of improvement since at least 2009 and for pointing
this out I am attacked by a number of Town Councillors and former Councillors.

I find myself in trouble with standards for reacting to those very people.

As our chairman and Mayor Adam Lowe pointed out on a radio news item we are all human.

That is the news item in which his own words proved he was a liar.

One example of his lies is when I posted he tell joke which I and others my consider
inappropriate he said I was lying. When I read the investigation report I see further
proof as Cllr Haley gives a statement stating Cllr Lowe did tell jokes and one I referred
to was religious and not offensive in his opinion. Perhaps if he was Muslim he might
of found it offensive.

Cllr Lowe has told me Oakham Town Council does not like Gay People when we
were discussing a rainbow flag.

So it is my opinion that Oakham Mayor Cllr Lowe is dishonest Racist, Homophobic
Lying, Bully.

When I read his emails sent to new and current members this also confirms what
I state, it is not disrespectful to state the truth.

To conclude our Mayor spoke to a investigator and told lies and then when onto
Rutland Radio and said I have done and said things in meetings and in private
that I should not have said. Cllr Lowe has done this for years along with the
old guard which is crumbling.

For all the old guard and supporters of them who have been asked to read the
43 page report which has back fired big time for Oakham Town Councils
old guard may I suggest you just read Rutland County Councils Monitoring
Officers shorter 7 page report it is fair and points out things the old guard don't
want to read.

Like:

Page 6 of 7 Point: 5 5.3

The investigation identified that at times Cllr Brookes was responding to what he 
considered to inappropriate conduct towards him.
This does not excuse Cllr Brookes' behaviour, but does indicate a wider problem
that should be address by the Town Council. My own knowledge of the Town
Council support this view and I have observed meetings footage and emails
between members of the council which demonstrate there is fundamental need
for an improvement in the levels of conduct displayed.


What I find interesting about the monitoring officers comment is how she has
changed since the former Mayor Cllr Alf Dewis (bully) resigned from the
council for unlawful conduct. Only a few months before his departure anything
I raised was ignored or I was told just do as he tell you.

In the investigators report he touches on me undermining the chairman who
at the time was Alf Dewis, of course the investigation was all one sided
because I did not take part to save taxpayers money. After the event I think
I should and provided all the evidence to show how the old guard conducts itself
it is disgusting.

The monitoring officer and investigator both say I should listen to and accept
difference, I do. If I had taken part in the investigation I would have pointed
out how Alf Dewis and more recently Michael Haley try to prevent
people who might hold an opinion or a difference from speaking in meetings.
This was pointed out as wrong by the external auditor.

I have started raising conduct complaints about the three most damaging members
of the council. Cllrs Lowe, Stubbs and Haley.

I am not bothered at this stage by the ignorant conduct from Cllr Lucas at this
stage.