Monday, July 04, 2016

Cllr Adam Lowes Secret Plans For Oakham Town Council

Cllr Adam Lowes Secret Plans For Oakham Town Council

This evening I found Victoria Hall Open and the Council Chamber door open and I found the council
chamber door was also opened.

I was a little concerned about this and investigated and found Cllr Adam Lowe (Mayor) and Cllr Michael Haley and Jasmine Hopkins were meeting.

Michael Haley was being critical of members and there lack of expertise and qualifications to
join working groups.

Cllr Adam Lowe was proposing to use one of the ex Mayors tricks to get his way. He was
suggesting all the working groups on the council were disbanded because this was the only
way to get rid of Cllr Joyce Lucas and Cllr Stan Stubbs.

This is why the monitoring officer is correct when she says Oakham Town Council is not
working.

I may not like Cllrs Lucas and Stubbs but this sort of conduct against members is not acceptable
and this level of planning and predetermination is also unlawful.

I raised a concern about the working group Stan Stubbs and Joyce Lucas are on after the leader
of Rutland County Council wrote to the council and pointed out his concerns about the group breaching the councils code of conduct. I asked in a meeting for the group to be disbanded
and I accepted this was not accepted by the members. So why is Cllr Lowe now wishing
to remove the two Cllrs?

As for the Deputy Mayor Cllr Haley his expertise is so good the taxpayers now pay extra
council tax for an empty hall.

Goodness knows what they have planned for me!