Wednesday, August 24, 2016

New Mind Charity Shop Oakham Rutland To Be Opened Thursday 25th August by Oakham Deputy Mayor Michael Haley

New Mind Charity Shop Oakham Rutland To Be Opened 10.00am
Thursday 25th August by Oakham Deputy Mayor Michael Haley



















As I was taking these picture a Northern Lady from behind
ask me what I was doing.

I soon found she works for Mind and is in charge of all their
shops.

After we chatted about those who are for against another
charity shop in the town. I mentioned I was a town Councillor
a pretty pointless position. She asked if I would like to open
the shop, I declined and suggested the Mayor might like to
do it although it was a bit short notice. She contacted the
Assistant Clerk and she arranged for the deputy Mayor
to carry out the honour.

She also told me that Mind had tried to contact the Rutland
Times to cover the opening These days they hardly ever answer
the phone.

I attempted to speak to Rutland County Council Alan Walter
who is the papers photographer and he was too busy to speak.


https://twitter.com/MindCharity