Thursday, January 12, 2017

Oakham Mayor Adam Lowe is he lying? The Rutland County Council FOI Letter Oakham Town Council Meeting

Oakham Mayor Adam Lowe is he lying? The Rutland County Council FOI Letter Oakham Town Council Meeting

I wonder what Cllr Lowe is trying to hide. A letter was read out at last nights meeting 
and when I requested a copy of the letter from the office I was told the Mayor Cllr Adam Lowe
had said I could not receive a copy.

I wrote to Cllr Lowe after the office passed on a message from his deputy, the office read the
message leaving out a Cllrs name.



Dear Adam Lowe

Why did you say that the FOI was made by a member of the public, when I spoke to the office this afternoon

a message from another Cllr was read out to me and the office read the FOI was made by a Cllr at this point the

name was not read to me.  I did not ask for it because it was obvious that I would not b given the name even

though Cllr Haley has asked for me to receive the entire message.

Why lie to all of us? Doe it matter a Cllr made a FOI request to find out information no it does not, accept when

that information is obtained just to destroy another members good intentions as you and Michael did last night.

When you send us the document you can redact your name as RCC do on their website.

From

Martin


Cllr Lowe has responded by saying there was actually no letter more lies as Cllr Michael held it in the meeting and read from it. I could clearly see the letter was headed on Rutland County Council letter paper.

Martin

I cannot release personal details.

I regret I do not have  copy of the FOI , my understanding is that the Council , as they did not receive it also do not have a copy.

I understand Michael was referring to an extract handed to him, and he did not receive the original document and he has confirmed he does not have a copy.

Apologies I cannot be of any further assistance.

Regards


Adam Lowe


I find it unacceptable that we can presented with a document that had significant impact upon a council decision and then be told it does not exist. 

I have just received a email telling he has part of the letter and has seen the full letter as he refers to who it is address to.

The video shows Cllr Haley was referring to a letter.

Screen shot of Cllr Haley holding the letter headed from Rutland County Council
left by laptop.

























I am not sure what Cllr Lowe is struggling to understand, what I believe he is struggling with is keeping his dishonest story on track his recent email below proves that.


Martin

I am struggling to understand your e-mail.

Can you explain what you mean. 

The fact remains the FOI to RCC was made by a member of the public, 
are you saying this is incorrect and can you prove this?

For a start, for what I saw of the document it was addressed to a :

Dear Sir/Madam and no address, 

Beyond that I did not read the whole letter last night, I only looked at part of the paragraph highlighted, I will see if I can get that extract as I believe the copy Michael had was handed to me, that is if you feel it would help you and when you retract the statement that I am not telling the truth.

Martin at the end of the day we have all tried very hard to accommodate your needs, even to the point you where you asked me if I would allow more debate and talking by Councillors.

I did this and I even allowed you to speak more than once on a number of occasions on the same item and then you send e-mails to everyone saying that I allowed too much debate.

In the future the Standing Orders will be abided by as you have abused the confidence and privilege extended to you yet again.

As regards instructing the Clerks, it is pretty simple, if they do not have a copy and never had a copy how can they give you it, all I have said if you have not got a copy you cannot give one to someone else, not being awkward this is a fact. 

So what would you like me to do?

Regards 

Adam Lowe



The answer is very simple stop lying and being awkward give me a copy you now say Cllr Haley handed you. 

I think by sharing this small example of dealing with Oakham Town Council shows how unnecessarily difficult it is to achieve anything however simple that may be.