Thursday, March 09, 2017

Exton Ward Rutland County Council By election - Thursday 9th March 2017

Exton Ward By election - Thursday 9th March


Dear Residents of Exton ward,

As I am sure many of you will now be aware, this Thursday, March 9th, you have the opportunity to vote for your next ward councillor.

Having talked to residents within the ward I have been encouraged to have received a positive response to my vision of a fairer, more open and responsive Rutland County Council.
There are a number of reasons why I decided to stand for election:

Firstly, I believe I have broad experience and therefore a lot to offer the residents of Exton and Rutland more widely. Secondly, I believe in working for what is important to local people, such as accessibility to good health services, and the preservation of Rutland Memorial hospital in particular. Thirdly, I recognise the difficulties Rutland County Council will face in the next few years with decreasing budgets but increasing pressures such as an ageing population. The only way we can square this circle is through clear prioritisation following open and thorough public consultation - no more decisions made behind closed doors!

If I am fortunate enough that you elect me on 9thMarch, I would grab the opportunity with both hands to work with, and support, residents in Exton.

Yours faithfully,

Joanna Burrows

Lib Dem candidate
Exton Ward