Monday, September 25, 2017

Four years ago I posted this

Four years ago I posted this:

Leicester Court Trial Thursday 25th September 2013 Martin Brookes

My trial recommences in the morning.

On Tuesday afternoon  district judge John Temperley spoke to the public
about some of their conduct throughout the trial.

It had been reported to him some had been naughty in the court room in
his absence in other parts of the court building and outside.

I personally witnessed misconduct by a person who claims to support me.

I ask if you do come and support me or even the prosecution witness's
you follow the required rules, we don't want the judge excluding the
public.

If you are unsure on how you should conduct yourself seek advice
or in the words of the judge leave the court room.

I only want supporters who behave.



Although the district judge correctly found me not guilty, some people
including those who were in court on that day have never accepted the
verdict.

Oakham Town Councillor Joyce Lucas BEM who attended the court
with a mob of supporters being one of them.

I shall never forget her poor conduct in court, although I try to remember
it as if it was humour when she staeting handing out homemade cookies
in the public gallery to her supporters.
and Cllr Charles Haworth fancying a sweet whilst giving his testimony.
Which opened with him suggesting I moved to Oakham the proceed
of sleeping with Tory MP's and Clergy!
It was a very serious week and I was very grateful I had a sane Judge
and a fab barrister David Swingler.

After I was found not guilty former Oakham Mayor Adam Lowe
was one of the first to let me know the Judge was wrong.

In the four years since Cllr Lowe has not changed much, he constantly
takes two steps forward and then two back.
Only at our last meeting he proved the old guards desire to exclude
me from all council activities by incorrectly suggesting I was excluded
from doing certain tasks.

Councillor Lucas feels it is acceptable to email members, describing
others as cancerous growths and other bizzare emails, only last week
she sent us all one line stating she had lost the will to live. then
she gave an offensive untrue verbal statement at the start of the last
meeting, In her last email outburst she said she won't be resigning from the
council.

Then we have the addition of Cllr Haley our current chairman.
New members constantly complain about him and what he does in private
and when they attend a meeting they say nothing?

My opinion of Oakham Town Council has not changed much over the years
and not much has changed accept we paid of the clerk who according to Cllr
Lowe 'breached his contract and broke the law" now we have a clerk
who I am banned for communicating with due to stress, anxiety and sleepless
nights, which she claims is caused by me. If she does suffer this it is not
good, but I resent being solely blamed for her condition.  As all the costly
reports Rutland County Council have produced state, I am not a bully and I react to
poor conduct from others including her.

The monitoring officer said the Council is not working. It is still not working.

Rutland County Council produced reports long before I even knew Oakham
Town Council as dysfunctional

Former Mayor / Journalist is soon to write and publish an article about
a recent meeting he attended and how he witnessed the poor conduct and in his
opinion unlawful conduct carried out by Oakham Town Council.


Oakham Town Council is currently unacceptable controlled by Cllrs Haley,
Lucas and Lowe.

Each year the precept increases mainly to administrate the council.

What we do can be counted on one hand.

It is shame that we don't do more for the community.

At the last EGM Cllr Lowe and other raised the issue of youth.
I think he was joking.

I brought a paper to council around a year ago seeking funding for a youth
project suggested by RCC Councillor Alan Walters.

Cllrs Lowe and Haley did all they could to destroy any hope of including
a sum of money in the budget.

At the last meeting he said Alan Walters had not prepared correctly. If Cllrs Lowe
and Haley had read the report they would have seen there was work in progress.
and the request at that stage was just a budget request. Instead of sending emails
telling me the agenda item could not be brought to council because Alan Walters
was not a town council.

Anything I propose is blocked by the old guard. I wonder if they actually really
understand the true purpose of the council?

The battle continues.....