Tuesday, September 05, 2017

Oakham Town Council Members Seeking a Vote of No Confidence in their Chairman Cllr Michael Haley

Oakham Town Council Members Seeking a Vote of No Confidence in their Chairman Cllr Michael Haley

I wont list the full reasons here, its a long list.

here are just a few.

He shouts at our female members in anger.

Under his chairmanship, we have not contributed as a council in any way towards
Rutland Councils Plans for the Town Centre or 2018 consultation process.

We have not contributed towards the consultation for Rutland County Councils Local
Plan.

As our representative on the Oakham Neighbourhood Plan he has failed to provide a
single comprehensive report of any progress made by our working group. I have often
asked for proper report only to be accused at the last council meeting of attacking the
working group.

He writes to various people like the chief constable of Leicestershire Police in a very
stupid and embarrassing manner, whilst giving the impression he is speaking on behalf
of the council using council letter headed paper.

I am trying once again to get my agenda request onto next weeks agenda.

I have written the following to our clerk.

As it has to go through our chairman I have decided to make it public.




Dear Clerk,

Oakham Town Council

I have made two requests now to have a vote of no confidence in our chairman included
on our next agenda.

Please can you confirm my request has been accpepted.

Another member in a email ponts out I am not the only person who has
made the same request.


They say:

'I understand that another member is trying the same item  but has met a wall.'

If this is true then I am left with one other lawful option.

Via you I request the Chairman calls an extra meeting ASAP.
and the agenda item is to consider a vote of no confidence in him.

If this is refused two members of the council can call a meeting, I am willing to
do this if another member is willing to support the calling.

I would prefer not to do this and repeat my request to have my agenda request
accepted for next weeks meeting.

If my request is refused please can you provide me as advised by the Chairman of the LRALC,
the full legal reason for refusing a lawful agenda request from a member of the council.

as another member has told me the office might be putting up a wall regarding this
matter, I shall be publishing this email.

From


Cllr Martin Brookes OSE ward
Oakham Town Council