Monday, December 09, 2019

Dodgy Oakham United Charities Oakham Town Council Clerk

OAKHAM UNITED CHARITIES


When I was a Oakham Town Councillor I was appointed as the Councils representative on this charity.
For some reason I received no correspondence from the address I was given, a address based in Leicester.

One day I was looking in a cupboard at Victoria Hall, the location of Oakham Town Councils
Offices. I found Cheque books etc belonging to Oakham United Charities. I reported this to council
and no explanation was given. A lock was put on the cupboard. A few years have passed and each appointed representative has had no luck contacting the charity.

I looked at the charity commissions website and found the charity used to have large sum of money and appeared to have no more than £2000 remaining.

The most recently appointed representative from the council has been a lot more persistent than I ever was. They have found the Clerk to the council has never declared her interest in the charity.

I am also told there is another local charity that has concern regarding the financial affairs of Oakham United Charities.

It would be good to know who is actually running this charity and what happens to the money.
and of course the purpose of the charity.

At Wednesdays meeting of the council members are being asked to  To re-elect three OUC Trustees for the next 3 years. Very odd use of the word re-elect when you consider no Councillor has ever been elected in at least the last 10 years.