Thursday, April 09, 2020

Homophobic Abuse in Oakham Rutland

Homophobic Abuse in Oakham Rutland

This is not a subject I have raised for some time.
But after I lost my job after two customers falsely accused me of being homophobic.
I thought I would raise it as it is still very relevant part of my life living here in
Oakham.
After I lost my job earlier this week, many hundreds of people made good comments on
social media.
At least one person made a homophobic comment.
Today I was out and was recording a short film and captured what is a common thing
I have to put up with whilst walking out about in Oakham.
A local man drives by winds down his window and shouts at me 'pervert'
You can hear him in the clip below.

Some people have asked me why I don't report it to the police, the answer is simple
Leicestershire Police don't care and if you do complain they tend to drag you before
the court as they did in 2013. The District Judge said the action of then Cllr Charles
Haworth was homophobic, did the police take any action against him the answer is
no. That is why I don't report these incidents to Leicestershire Police.
The same reason I did not report the attempted break in at my home it is a waste of
time and effort and whilst the majority of Oakham residents are kind people I have
to accept there is a very small number of very unkind people and I have to put up
with it until I decide where else I could live.
When I was working I could afford to take day trips out of town. Now I am not
I have to take trips into Oakham Town...





I hope the two customer took my job away from me read this and listen to
the video above and yes it did scare me as you will see the shake in the film
clip at the end. This is real homophobia.  Not something made up on paper.