Tuesday, April 07, 2020

Today I lost My job At Tesco

Today I lost My job At Tesco

I was very proud to work and serve  the community at Tesco Oakham since 2017.

I am also very proud to be a Gay man something Tesco was OK with in fact I found
it very comfortable to be OUT at Tesco.

I was also proud to receive  fast tracked at Christmas my Silver Star for excellent
customer service

So it may come as a bit of a surprise to hear that two customers felt that I had been
rude to them on at least three visit to the store  they also stated I was homophobic.
I found the last comment most upsetting.
Another colleague was also included in the complaint.
That Colleague said I approached her and said "did you have a problem the queens,
the queens of Oakham"

I am still shocked by the suggestion that I a gay man who has been a victim of
homophobia would say such a thing.

I will suffer the appeal process.

I would like to thank the many customers who I have served over the years and
especially those who took the time to write to Tesco about my good service.

I am sure three former Oakham Mayors will be celebrating the loss of my job
they constantly hounded head office questioning complaining about why Tesco
had employed one even posted that on Tesco Facebook page.

One came in and harassed me in my work place almost every week, when she told
colleagues I was a  paedophile understandable I was angry with her and wrote a
email to her, she in turn complained to Tesco's CEO and I was found guilty of
bringing the brand into disrepute and I was given a final written warning.
She still as I said came in and harrassed me almost every week. I have had to battle
all the time to keep my job since starting.

One Oakham Mayor even caused trouble for the store manager Jenny, she is a
nice lady and did not deserve all the aggravation she received from members of
Oakham Town Council past and present.

Now I am not employed by Tesco please can I ask some customer to think about
how they react in store when it comes to social distancing. I am aware of ladies going
home or at work crying because of the way a few customers treat them.

The complaint that resulted in my sacking was due to customers objecting to a
colleague asking them to abide by Tesco's policy of one person one trolley.

It is a difficult time for everyone, please all keep safe.