Saturday, April 23, 2022

Rutland County Councillor June Titterton-Fox why she has resigned from the Conservative Party along with two others and set up a new party Together4Rutland

Rutland County Councillor June Titterton-Fox why she has resigned from the Conservative Party along with two others and set up a new party Together4Rutland


"I am a great believer in if you are unhappy about something you have 3 choices. 1. Put up with it. 2 change it 3. Leave

I have been unhappy for some time with being a Conservative County Councillor back bencher and a member of the Conservative Party. 

When I was elected in 2017 I promised that I would not toe the party line and fight to get my residents the support and service they deserve. This has been near impossible recently to achieve.

On a national basis, In my memory I have never known a party to really disrespect our residents. They seem to lead with a ‘do as I say not as I do’ attitude. I am appalled by the latest policy to ship refugees to Rwanda. A country known for breaking the rules on Human Rights. Last year we took 100% of asylum seekers from that country for that very reason.

So yesterday I left the Conservative party along with 2 other councillors. So that ticks of No.3. 

And now to No.2 we have formed a new political party called Together4Rutland. It’s in its very early stages but every journey begins with a first step. So hopefully we can bring about change."

http://together4rutland.org/