Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Martin Brookes Independent Candidate, Oakham South Ward, Rutland County Council, May 4th 2023,

Martin Brookes Independent Candidate, Oakham South Ward, Rutland County Council, May 4th 2023,




There is only one INDEPENDENT route

Rutland County Council 2023

Oakham South Local Election


Dear Residents of Oakham South Ward,

As your independent candidate for the upcoming local council election, I am committed to making our community a better place to live. Here are some of the key issues I will focus on if elected:

Neighbourhood Planning: I believe that residents should have a say in how their neighbourhoods are developed. That's why I will work to ensure that your voices are heard and that new developments are in keeping with the character of Oakham South Ward.

The Liberal Democrats and the Conservatives colluded to reject the local plan, costing local tax payers millions of pounds and of course the current development nightmare.

Protecting the Environment: I will prioritise the protection of our environment and work towards sustainable development in our area.

Community Safety: I am committed to making Oakham South Ward a safe place to live. I will work with the police and other agencies to tackle crime and anti social behaviour.

Local Services: I will ensure that important local services, like the library, schools, and hospital, are properly funded and accessible to all residents of Oakham South Ward.

Community Cohesion: I believe in building a strong and cohesive community where everyone is valued and included.

I will be a hard worker and have the skills and experience needed to be a good Councillor. I am also a good listener and believe in working collaboratively to find solutions to problems.

I would be honoured to have you vote on May 4th Please vote for me, your Independent candidate for Oakham South Ward, and let's work together to make our community the best it can be.


Thank you.


Martin John Brookes




Printed and published by Martin Brookes, 13 Willow Crescent, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6EQ