Monday, June 26, 2023

The Great Prime Blue Raspberry Water Price War, Tesco £2, Local Independent Store £9

The Great Prime Blue Raspberry Water Price War, Tesco £2, Local Independent Store £9


I have been wondering what Prime blue raspberry drink tasted like. So when I saw a bottle of Prime Blue Raspberry at Tesco Oakham for just £2, I couldn't resist. I mean, how could I? It was practically a steal.

But as I was walking out of the store, I couldn't help thinking about the price of the same drink in a local independent store. It's a whopping £9!

I couldn't believe it. The same drink was almost five times more expensive in the independent store. I mean, I know they're independent and they have to make a profit, but that's just ridiculous.

So, I decided to do a little experiment. I bought the bottle of Prime Blue Raspberry from Tesco Oakham and took it to the independent store. I asked the shopkeeper if he would match Tesco's price. On the other flavours.

He looked at me like I was crazy. "Of course not," he said. "Our prices are much higher because we're a premium store."

I just shook my head and walked out. I couldn't believe that people would actually pay £9 for a bottle of Prime Water

But I'm glad I only paid £2. Because after I tried it, I realised that it wasn't even that good. The flavour was awful and the aftertaste was awful. The largest ingredient is water, sorry filtered water only 10.5% is concentrated coconut water.  

So, if you're ever in the mood for a blue raspberry drink, save your money and go to Tesco Oakham. You'll get the same drink for a fraction of the price.

And if you're ever in the mood to laugh at the absurdity of the free market, go to a local independent store and ask them to match Tesco's price on a bottle of Prime. You'll be sure to get a good chuckle.