Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Alf Dewis Former Oakham Mayor Who Resigned after unlawful conduct was highlighted by Auditors applies to be co-opted back onto council

Alf Dewis Former Oakham Mayor Who Resigned after unlawful conduct was highlighted by Auditors applies to be co-opted back onto council. I decided not to make to much comment about
this and simply asked if Alf Dewis's decision to get back on the council was a little too soon.
Since posting the news I have received a few messages and emails like this one from residents:



From: ##########
Sent: 25 October 2016 11:28
To: Martin Brookes
Subject:


I really hope you can make Alf look awful in your next few blogs he was one of the most poisonous people I've ever met. Well the mafia is clearly dwindling and I suppose Alf never ever thought he'd done anything wrong.  But worth a blog post alerting people to his stupidity and then another blog post alerting people to the council's stupidity when they co-opt him.


######


I won't be taking part in any vote at council. I will have to declare an interest of some sort,
I had raised one token objection with the external auditors and they found Alf Dewis had
acted unlawfully. He paid some money back to the council and resigned.

I had raised a couple of conduct complaints about Mr Dewis regarding this matter and others
and Rutland County Council stopped investigating because he was no longer a councillor.

The external auditor commented this year about a long delay, the council had refused for a long
period to bring the 2014 -2015 audit report to council for consideration and actions, when it
was finally presented to council after Mr Dewis resigned we were not permitted to discuss
it by Mayor Adam Lowe, I believe mainly because of the content that led to resignation of
Mr Dewis in March this year.

Nothing seems to improve at Oakham Town Council
Over a month the council received this years external audit and internal audit reports.

Neither report has been presented to full council.

And the council constantly refuse to provide me with a copy of the internal audit report.
yet they display comments in a outside notice board stating this is something they have
done wrong in the past. I cant understand why they take no notice of Grant Thornton.