Friday, August 20, 2010

Oakham Town Council Complaints against Cllr Martin Brookes

This morning the post man delivered another letter from Rutland County Council.

Detailing a further 7 complaints made by  Oakham Town Councillors and former Councillors.

.

All 7 Decision Notices in the following.


This case taken together with other assessed cases involving many members of Oakham Town Council indicates an inter-relationship of cases so serious or complex that they can not be handled locally;................

There is substantial governance dysfunction in the authority.

All 7 complaint have been referred to Standards for England I wonder how Rutland County Council will be able to afford the bill next year.

The Standards Committee at Rutland County need a kick up the backside they referred complaints made about me by Doris Cook before I signed my acceptance papers.

As for that I am now pleased The Town Clerk and Cllr Sharon deliberately delayed this process.


Complaint 1

Made by ex Cllr Jim Harrsion acting on hearsay.

'Councilor* Brookes was arrested (on 6th May 2010) for allegedly causing criminal damage to Council property and displaying offensive images in a public place. If prove, the complainant considered the conduct brought the Council in disrepute.'   (*Councilor as spelt by Rutland District Council)

Well done Jim for getting the complaint in early and preempting the possible outcome, It's  a great shame I took your word and withdrew my complaints made against you, after I accepted your false apology
.
I was wondering if you still think Rutland County Council are bullies and continue to bully Oakham Town Council? A comment you refused to retract and repeated at a council meeting. Rather a strong statement to come from the mouth of a bully.

Complaint  2 is the same as Jim's best friend Ex Cllrs Paul Beech. He should have made a joint complaint with Jim that would have save around £10,000 of tax payers money.

Complaint 3 is also the same  made by Councillors Sharon Spencer, Mark Woodcock, Jan Fillingham, Maureen Dodds, Alf Dewis, Charles Haworth, Alan Walters and George Swiffin. Now why did the Town Clerk Richard not also sign the letter of complaint.

Would have been nice to see the man responsible for the substantial governance dysfunction of the authority included.

Complaint number 4.

This surprises me ex Cllr Jim Harrsion can not see what is wrong with including a photograph of young boys  (Oakham School Boys Team members of Royce Rangers Football Club ) in his blog that he started to make false accusations suggesting I was a risk to children. He approved comments from his friends suggesting the same. If I was a parent of one of those boys I would not want my sons associated with his blog. It would seem Oakham School and Royce Rangers support Jim's behaviour.

http://jimsteabreak.blogspot.com/

Jim's bullying was supported by a local Taxi firm  Berridges who used Twitter to ask many local important people to support Jim Harrison.

Summary of complaint.

On 12th June 2010, Councillor Brookes sent separate emails to the Chairman of Royce Rangers football  club and the Oakham School  in which he drew their attention to photographs of young boys included in the complainant's Internet blog. The emails included derogatory remark about the complainant, who considered that they formed part of a train of conduct by Councillor Brookes which threatened the complainant's livelihood as a professional photographer.

Come of it Jim* you have the monopoly locally with JP you forgot to mention I also wrote to them. Does you consent form give you consent to publish the boys on your personal blog I suggest if you did get one signed by the parents it only gave you permission to use the image in the  press.

*For those wondering why I address Mr Harrison as Jim. He shouted at me at a cycle event I am Jim! before this I had always addressed him as Mr Harrison out of respect, now I have learnt respect is earned.

Complaint 5

Cllr Joyce Lucas  complains about me sending email's to her after she called me a paedophile in public.

'Following the asking of a question at a Council meeting on 23rd June 2010 by a member of the public (Helen Pender,  Helen  Patey  Cassandra Patey who knows what name was being used that evening?)
which included an accusation that the complainant had described Councillor Brookes as a paedophile, Councillor Brookes had sent many emails to the complainant about the matter in which he made accusing an critical comments and urged her to resign her seat on the council.

Further,  on 24th June 2010 Councillor Brookes had telephoned the complainant and asked he repeatedly to resign her seat.

I telephoned once from the council office. I still believe she should resign, It would be childish for me to agree with the young people description of her but it is not as offensive as her description of me in her ward she often berates, they call her a witch.

I don't think she is that evil, as members of the public suggested after the Tesco meeting she has lost her marbles.


Complaint 6

From Cllr Alf Dewis relates to the staffing committee held at Oakham Town Council with out correct notice relating to the clerk allegation that I was bullying him.

I attended as a member of the public and Cllr Dewis arranged for the police to remove me from the meeting.
As I departed I called him an "ares hole" that is how I like to describe a man who has assaulted me and obstructed me (sorry I forgot the police took no action against Dewis because he said I may have walked into his hand) Oakham Town Council have still not not published the minutes. Oakham Town Council forgot all complaints about Councillor have to be referred to standards Cllrs do not have powers to deal with complaints concerning other councillors.

Complaint 7

Also from Cllr Dewis

'in his internet blog posted on 31st May 2010, Councillor Brookes included derogatory statements and insinuations concerning the complainant and his daughter, albeit allegedly by  reference to statements made to him by a third party.

The posting followed previous false accusations made by Councillor Brookes about the complainant.'


Keeping it short this followed the meeting held by Cllrs Joyce Lucas and Dewis after my birthday celebrations.

Cllrs were homophobic and suggested celebrating my birthday in two gay Leicester venues The Rainbow Dove and Dover Castle brought the council in disrepute.

Publishing photographs of the even and including a transgender person in the set did  the same.

It is a great pity they are so bigoted.

The photo was of  a drag artist.

After this event Gordon Sheasby Contacted me to and said he did not understand why Dewis was homophobic maybe it was because he had become bitter because his daughter had started drinking from the **** ***  and I published  this comment.

It is also a pity Oakham Town Councillors don't complain about real issues such as the  Councillor  getting so drunk at  a Conservative Ladies charity curry night at Angels,  she had to be carried out, the owner said he has a photograph on his mobile phone.

Looking back most of my troubles started because of me complaining about their drunken behaviour, they blame me for her illness of cancer no one one can even say when she was ill different dates have been given and she said her self she had been cured earlier this year.  I don't accept blame for this as stated in Mr Harrisons resignation letter .  Her bullies and thugs should support her in other ways, ask her how she lost her job? she told them she was  ill they came  to visit her and she was drunk!

As a token gesture Rutland County District Council has referred one of my complaints I made against Councillor Joyce Lucas. They know the person she spoke to won't give a statement. I don't blame them they don't want there lives disrupted by these dim and malicious people.

I trust this person and still say Cllr Joyce Lucas should go!